Zions Bank and the Military Community
Zions Bank Supports the Military Community
Zions Bank is actively engaged in a range of programs and committees that support the military and veteran communities, including:
- Governor’s Veterans Advisory Committee
- Top of Utah Military Affairs Committee
- Salt Lake Chamber Military Affairs Committee
- Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition—Executive Committee
- Utah Veteran Owned Business Partnership—Executive Committee
- Employer Support of Guard and Reserve—Utah Executive Committee
- Utah Defense Alliance
- Utah Military and Veterans Affairs Legislative Commission
- Hill AFB Commander’s Community Leaders Advisory Group
- US Army Salt Lake Area Advisory Committee
- University of Utah Veterans Advisory Board
- Utah Guard Charitable Trust Board
Military Assistance Furlough Program
Zions Bank was one of the first banks in the country to offer a Military Assistance Furlough program to help minimize the financial impact of the federal sequestration on guardsmen, reservists and Department of Defense (DOD) civilians. Zions modified existing loan and credit card terms for current clients, and created a process to expedite the credit approval process for both new and existing clients.
Financial Literacy Program
Zions Bank has taught a financial literacy program to more than 2,000 service members and their families and offers discounts to military members for the 9-week program.
Zions Bank sponsors numerous military appreciation events with local sports teams where the cost is covered for service members and their families to attend. Zions Bank also sponsors numerous other activities, including picnics, family days, rodeos and concerts, so that service members and their families can spend quality time together.