By signing up for External Transfers you can electronically transfer funds to/from your Personal Checking or Savings Account at Zions Bank to/from an enrolled personal checking or savings Account that you own at another financial institution. Follow the steps below to add an External Account to your account profile and to complete a funds transfer.
Add an external account to your profile
- Log into your Online Banking account.
- Click on the "Transfers" tab.
- Click "Other Accounts."
- Select "Add My External Account."
- If enrolled in Enhanced Account Protection enter security code.
- Enter the External Account Number and Account Type. (You can find the account number on the bottom of a check or contact your external financial institution) You can also assign a nickname to the account so you'll easily recognize which Account you’ve added. NOTE: You must be a signer on the external account.
- Enter the FULL 9 digit* Routing/Transit numberfor the financial institution you wish to add. (You can find the Routing/Transit number on the bottom of a check or contact the external financial institution)
- Click "Preview" and verify that all the information you’ve listed is correct.
- At this point you can either Cancel, Edit or Submit the account addition.
- If you choose "Submit", you will be directed to the confirmation page and an email will be sent to you with instructions on how to proceed.
- To verify that you are the owner of that external account a small group of deposits will be placed into your external account within the next 2 to 3 business days. Look for ZionsCredit in the transaction description. NOTE: These trial amounts must be verified within 21 days before Zions Bank will approve the enrolled account for external transfer activity.
- Once you receive these trial amounts in your external account you will need to login to your Zions Online Banking.
- Click on the “Transfers” tab.
- Select “Other Accounts” click on “Verify” which is located under the status field of the pending account and enter the trial deposit amounts.
- After validation the new account will be added to your list of Active External Accounts, and you'll be able to complete transfers to and from them immediately.
Transfer funds to an external account
- Login to your Online Banking account.
- Click on the "Transfers" tab.
- Click on "Create Transfer." (Please note that you must add the external account to your account profile before you can process a funds transfer.)
- Using the drop-down boxes, select the account you want to transfer funds from and the account you want to transfer funds to.
- Enter the amount of the transfer, including dollars and cents. (Example: 14.75) You can also enter any specific notes concerning the transfer in the "Memo" field.
- Next, enter the date that you want the funds to be delivered. (To secure delivery by the date, the funds for the external transfer will be withdrawn from your account1 business day prior to the delivery date.)
- If you want to make this a “Recurring Transfer” check the box and select the frequency of the transfer. In other words you can choose how often this transfer should take place. For instance, you can select:
- 1 Time Only, for a funds transfer to occur only once
- Every Week, and the same transfer will occur once every 7 days
- Every Two Weeks and Every Month are the remaining frequency options
- Select how many times you want the transfer to take place, and then click "Preview Transfer."
- Review the Preview Transfer screen. You have the option to Cancel, Edit or Submit the transaction. If everything looks good, click "Submit."
- The next screen will show that your funds transfer was successful, or it will inform you if any errors occurred.
Transferring money to an account that you have at another Bank has never been easier. If you have any questions about this process or any other Online Banking feature, please contact a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-840-4999, Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm MT.