Pay with just a touch
Connect your Zions Bank credit or debit card to Samsung Pay and make fast, easy payments from your Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, or Note5 device. Samsung’s payment technology allows you to simply hover your Samsung device close to many terminals, not just the ones that offer contactless payments, to pay. With such wide acceptance, you’re on your way to wallet-free shopping.
Look for the NFC logo on merchant terminals or pay at any magnetic stripe terminal.
Keep Sensitive Information to Yourself
Samsung Pay generates a unique digital card number for every transaction. That way, your Zions Bank Visa card number is never shared with merchants. And, transactions must always be authorized by you. Simply swipe up, enter your pin or scan your fingerprint, and hover your device over the NFC device or card reader to complete a payment.
Have questions? Review the Samsung Pay frequently asked questions at the bottom of the page.
Getting started with samsung pay
- Open the Samsung Pay app. If you need to download it, it’s available at Google Play.
- Register your print and assign your PIN.
- Load your Zions Bank credit and debit card by touching the add card prompt. You can take a picture of your card with your device’s camera or enter your card information manually.
- Enter additional information, if requested, like your address.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Validate your card and identity by calling the number on the back of your card.
- It can take up to 15 minutes for your card to be fully validated and ready for use with Samsung Pay.
Frequently asked questions
Samsung Pay is a digital payment solution that allows you to use your compatible device to pay instead of swiping your card at the card reader. Samsung Pay is accepted at any US merchant where you can swipe or tap a card. Samsung Pay works at merchants who are NFC-enabled and at traditional mag stripe terminals, resulting in a 90%+ acceptance rate.
Samsung Pay is a contactless payment method that allows you to use your device to pay by hovering it near the terminal instead of swiping your plastic card. Samsung Pay also uses a device account number (called a token) that is provided to the merchant instead of your card number.
- Open the Samsung Pay app on your Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge, or Galaxy S6 device.
- Add your credit or debit card by taking a picture or manually entering the card information.
- You may be asked to contact the Customer Care number on the back of your card to verify your identity before you are able to use your card.
To pay using Samsung Pay, simply swipe up from the Home button to display your card, place the device next the card reader, and touch the Home button to verify your identity (or enter your PIN if you are using Samsung Pay PIN). The card reader may prompt you to complete the transaction. For example, if you are using a debit card, you may be asked to enter your PIN number.
You can use Samsung Pay at US merchant that accepts Visa credit or debit cards where you would have traditionally swiped or tapped your card to pay. (Note that some locations, such as gas pumps, do not currently accept Samsung Pay.) For more information can be found here.