These are the 2017-2018 Official Rules for the “Pays for A’s” scholarship sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Zions First National Bank (“Sponsor”). By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants and/or their parent or legal guardian agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Eligibility. There is no charge, fee, purchase, or other consideration required to enter and qualify for the Sweepstakes. Qualified entrants are limited to middle school, junior high and high school students (ages 12-18) in Utah, Idaho, Cokeville and Jackson, Wyoming, Fredonia and Colorado City, Arizona, and Vale, Oregon and Clarkston, Washington (“Eligible School”) who receive “A” letter grades on their report cards. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. “A-” grades are not eligible. Must be enrolled in public, private or chartered schools.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, an entrant must go into any Zions Bank Financial Center in Utah or Idaho, show his or her most recent report card with at least one “A” grade (or its equivalent), and provide the Zions Bank representative with the student’s name, grade, phone number, school name and city (if the entrant is under the age of 18 a parent or legal guardian must provide this information to the Zions Bank representative) to be considered for the Sweepstakes. Employees of Zions Bank and its parent and affiliates, members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes and Drawing Schedule. Each academic year, there will be four separate prize drawings. Each November, January and April a drawing will be held in each geographical region in Utah and Idaho for scholarship savings accounts (there is a total of 50 geographical locations and total of 150$100 scholarship savings accounts awarded for each combined November, January and April period). In addition, there will be a statewide drawing (one in Utah and another in Idaho) for a $1,000 scholarship account that will be held in October 2017. To qualify for the $1,000 scholarship, the student must be attending an Eligible School in grades 7-12 as of October 1, 2018. All eligible entries obtained throughout the prior academic year from each state will be combined into the grand prize drawings in October 2018. The prizes must be deposited into an existing account of the winner at Zions Bank, or a new account may be opened by the winner. There are no restrictions on the winner’s use of funds in the account.
- Notification and Redemption of Prize. Each winning entrant of the 150 regional prizes will be notified at his or her school by a local Zions Bank Financial Center manager within one month of the drawing. The prize must be deposited into an existing account or a newly established account of the winning contestant. An entrant is only the winner after he or she has been notified by the Sponsor and he or she has complied with the terms of these Official Rules. Regional prize must be claimed by July 31, 2018.
- Press Releases/Social Media Posts. Sponsor may issue press releases/social media posts containing the winner’s name and photo/video, and announcing the winner’s Prize, with the consent of the winner and the winner’s parents (if the winner is a minor). Sponsor will not otherwise release winners’ names to the public.
- Taxes. All applicable taxes, including any federal, state or local tax liabilities, are the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS tax reporting statement for the approximate retail value of the prize.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners of the Prizes will be drawn from the pool of eligible entries submitted.
- Interpretation. Application and interpretation of these Official Rules, and administration of the Sweepstakes, shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes, including determination of the winners, eligibility of the winners, and the amount of the Prize, shall be final and binding. These Official Rules, and any disputes arising from these Official Rules or the Drawing, shall be interpreted by and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah.
- Right to Cancel or Modify Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes at any time if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, and to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes prospectively (i.e. Without terminating any current entrant’s participation in a scheduled upcoming Sweepstakes) for any reason.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. Neither the Sponsor, nor its parent or affiliates, nor their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, agencies, or attorneys, are responsible for, and contestants release all such parties from any liability arising from, (a) any damages, loss or liability with respect to use of the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, (b) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entry forms, (c) hardware or software failures of any kind; (d) lost or unavailable network connections; or (e) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether any of the foregoing are caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a contestant’s opportunity to participate in the Sweepstakes.