Hardworking middle school, junior high, and high school students (ages 12 to 18) in Utah and Idaho are paid up to $1 per "A" on their 2020-2021 report cards. (Sorry, “A-” grades aren’t eligible.) They’re also entered for a chance to win scholarship savings accounts. We give away 36 awards of $500 each and two $1,000 accounts each school year.
How To Get Started
- Students should bring their most recent report card for the 2020-2021 school year and a parent or guardian to any branch.
- For every "A," they’ll get $1 deposited into a Young Savers Account. If they don't have an account or aren’t a Zions Bank® client, they’ll still be rewarded .50 cents per "A."
- Getting paid for an “A” enters the student for the chance to win a scholarship savings account in a drawing. The student’s name, grade, phone number, school name and city must be provided to be entered.
About Our Drawings
Community drawings: 36 students from different geographic regions in Utah and Idaho will win scholarship savings accounts worth $500 throughout the school year. Drawing deadlines to submit most current report cards are shown below.
- 1st Semester Report Card Drawing Deadline: Feb 26, 2021
- 2nd Semester Report Card Drawing Deadline: Jul 30, 2021
Year-end grand prize drawing: Eligible entries from all community drawings will be pooled into the grand prize drawing.
One Utah student and one Idaho student will each win a grand prize $1,000 scholarship savings account. The deadline to turn in final report cards for the year-end drawing is July 30, 2021. Find complete contest details and all drawing deadlines below.
For more information about the program, contact your local Zions Bank branch.
Pays for A’s
School Year Drawing Deadlines
The timeline for report card submission and award drawings for the 2020-2021 school year is as follows:
$500 1st Semester Report Card Scholarship Savings Account Drawing
- February 26, 2021: Last day for students to show most recent report cards and enter drawing at their local branch.
- March 2021: Winners from 18 different communities selected and announced.
$500 2nd Semester Report Card Scholarship Savings Account Drawing
- July 30, 2021: Last day for students to show most recent report cards and enter drawing at their local branch.
- September 2021: Winners from 18 different communities selected and announced.