Hardworking middle school, junior high, and high school students (ages 12 to 18) in Utah and Idaho can earn $1 per "A" on their 2017–2018 report cards. (Sorry, “A-” grades aren’t eligible.) Eligible students are also entered for a chance to win scholarship savings accounts worth up to $1,000.
How To Get Started
- Students should bring their most recent report card for the 2017–2018 school year and a parent or guardian to any branch.
- For every "A," they’ll get $1 deposited into a Student Savings Account. If they don't have an account or aren’t a Zions Bank® client, they’ll still be rewarded .50 cents per "A."
- Getting paid for an “A” enters the student for the chance to win a scholarship savings account in a drawing. The student’s name, grade, phone number, school name and city must be provided to be entered.
About Our Drawings
Community drawings: 150 students from different geographic regions in Utah and Idaho will win scholarship savings accounts worth $100 throughout the school year. Drawing deadlines to submit most current report cards are:
- April 6, 2018 for spring drawing
(A student who brings in their most current report card after a drawing deadline has passed will be entered into the following drawing).
Year-end grand prize drawing: Eligible entries from all community drawings will be pooled into the grand prize drawing.
One Utah student and one Idaho student will each win a grand prize $1,000 scholarship savings account. The deadline to turn in final report cards for the year-end drawing is July 15, 2018. Find complete contest details and all drawing deadlines below.
Zions Bank® Pays for A’s Contest Timeline
School Year Drawing Deadlines
The timeline for report card submission and award drawings for the 2017–2018 school year is as follows:
Fall Scholarship Savings Account Drawing
- November 11, 2017: Last day for students to show most recent report cards and enter drawing at their local branch.
- November 27 to December 1: Winners from 50 different communities selected and announced.
Winter Scholarship Savings Account Drawing
- January 26, 2018: Last day for students to show most recent report cards and enter drawing at their local branch.
- February 12-16: Winners from 50 different communities selected and announced.
Spring Scholarship Savings Account Drawing
- April 6, 2018: Last day for students to show most recent report cards and enter drawing at their local branch.
- April 16-20: Winners from 50 different communities selected and announced.
Year-End $1,000 Scholarship Statewide Drawing
2016 Pays for A’s Scholarship Winners
In October 2016, Zions Bank rewarded two students for their exceptional grades with a $1,000 scholarship savings account through their Pays for A’s program, which recognizes and pays local students for their hard-earned grades.
In Idaho, the scholarship was presented to Hunter Christensen, a student at Bonneville High School. Zions Bank Ammon Idaho Assistant Vice President Jonathan Johnson surprised Christensen with a $1,000 check during halftime at a football game.
In Utah, the $1,000 grand prize went Kimberly Turnbow, a student at Alta High School. Zions Bank Sandy Financial Center Manager Nic Magoffin and Zions Bank Communications Officer Adam Young surprised Turnbow at a school pep rally.
Earlier in the year, Christensen and Turnbow brought a report card with “A” grades into their local Zions Bank office and was paid a dollar for every “A” grade they received. Their names were then randomly selected in a drawing among participants throughout Utah and Idaho.
Zions Pays for A’s offers cash incentives for good grades to Utah and Idaho students ages 12–18. Students can bring their most recent term-end report cards from the current academic year into any Zions Bank location. They receive a dollar for each “A” deposited into their savings accounts or 50 cents per “A” if they are not clients of Zions Bank and want to opt for cash. For each “A” on their report cards, students receive automatic entries into regular drawings for scholarship prizes worth up to $1,000.