In general, Online Banking uses a web browser to create a secure connection between your computer and the Zions Bank® web site. The Internet gives you access to your banking transactions, as well as the ability to pay bills, apply for loans online, etc.
Direct Connect uses a personal financial management (PFM) software package such as Quicken® or QuickBooks®. With your PFM software, you can access your Zions Bank account and download banking information into your software's check register as well as pay bills.
Personal account holders can enroll online anytime or contact Online Banking at 800-840-4999 to enroll for the service during business hours (Mon. to Sat. from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. MT.).
Business customers can enroll by visiting a Zions Bank branch location and filling out the Business Online Account Application, which must be witnessed by a Zions Bank employee.
A nonbusiness account holder can request a temporary password online or by contacting Online Banking at 800-840-4999 (Mon. to Sat. from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. MT.). Login ID and answers to your challenge question are needed to get your temporary password.
Once you receive your temporary password and login again, you’ll be prompted to select a new password.
For personal accounts, send Zions a secure message once you've logged in to your Online Banking account or contact an Online Banking representative at 800-840-4999 (Mon. to Sat. from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. MT.) to request linking active accounts that don’t currently appear in your Online Banking interface.
For business accounts, go to the Preferences tab and make sure all your accounts are entitled correctly. If they are, simply call or visit your nearest branch to learn how to add additional accounts.
After logging in to Online Banking, select the option labeled "Preferences" from the Home tab, then "Address/Email Preferences" and “Change Email.” Make the desired changes and select “Submit.”
Note: This will not change your MyAlerts email notifications if you’re receiving them. To change a MyAlerts address, see the MyAlerts FAQ.
For help with Online or Mobile Banking, please call 800-840-4999.
If you are having technical issues with your phone or have questions about mobile data access or data charges on your phone bill, contact the customer service department of your mobile service provider.
Mobile Banking helps promote security by hiding your full account number, timing out your session after inactivity, and using your existing online banking user ID and password, which only you know.
Communication between your device and the bank uses a 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption.
If your phone is lost or stolen, you should notify your mobile service provider immediately. The mobile app doesn’t store your password. You can always call us at 800-840-4999 to have your login information reset over the phone, or you can change your User ID and Password within Online Banking.
To help protect your accounts or sensitive information when using Mobile or Online Banking, we recommend the following:
- Never give out your User ID or password.
- Choose passwords that would not be easy for others to guess. This includes information that could be found on social or public sites, such as your name, a family member name, your phone number, birthday, or the name of your pet.
- Establish a password or passcode to access your mobile device. A device password or passcode will lock your device after it has been idle for a set period of time preventing access by others who are not authorized.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi when using Mobile or Online Banking.
Download and launch the mobile application from the Apple, Google Play, or Amazon app stores, or visit m.zionsbank.com from your mobile web browser. When prompted, enter your Online Banking User ID and Password. The first time you sign in, you'll be required to accept the Mobile Banking Service Agreement.
Yes, as long as your mobile carrier offers internet service in the country you’re visiting and you have already downloaded the app. All roaming, data access, and text charges from your mobile service provider will apply. The Mobile Banking application is only available to download within the US using the US version of the Apple, Google Play, and Amazon app stores.
Using a Touch ID supported device, turn on Touch ID on your device by going to “Settings” and selecting “Touch ID & Passcode.” Then, follow the simple steps to save your fingerprint to your device (you’ll also need to set up a device passcode if you haven’t already). Next, sign on to the Mobile Banking app, go to “Settings/Quick Access,” and slide the toggle button to turn on Touch ID.
Enabling Touch ID for Mobile Banking will grant access and full Mobile Banking functionality to any person whose fingerprints are saved on your device. We strongly recommend against enabling Touch ID if anyone else has or might gain access to your device and its security password.
Mobile Banking Applications
There is no charge for the Mobile Banking service; however, ordinary bank fees under other agreements still apply (e.g., fund transfers that results in overdraft charges or applicable Bill Pay fees). Contact your wireless phone service provider regarding data or messaging charges.
Mobile Banking offers a suite of self-service capabilities and we are continuously releasing new features, enhancing the user experience, and helping you manage your finances on the go:
- View your account balances and transaction history
- Transfer money between your eligible accounts
- Pay your bills
- Deposit checks using our Mobile Check Deposit service
- Submit travel notification requests for upcoming travel plans
- Search for Branch and ATM locations
Both the mobile web browser application and the downloadable mobile application are free and offer easy and on the go access to your accounts. With mobile web browser, you use the web browser from your mobile phone to access your account information. The mobile applications can be downloaded to your mobile phone or wireless device. These applications provide an experience optimized for iPad®, iPhone®, and Android™ smartphones, as well as Android™ and Kindle Fire™ tablet devices.
Mobile Check Deposit
Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient and easy way to deposit checks from your mobile device into one of your eligible accounts. With the Mobile Banking app on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ smartphone, or Android™ or Kindle™ Fire tablet device, you can take a photo of your check and easily submit your deposit for processing. Checking, Savings, and Money Market accounts are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit.
You can deposit a check to your eligible accounts by following these simple steps:
- Endorse the back of the check with your signature and add the words “For BANK Mobile Deposit Only.”
- Sign in to Mobile Banking and select "Check Deposit" from the main menu.
- Make sure your check is placed on a dark, well-lit, flat surface. Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the checkmark button.
- After all the required fields are complete, select the "Continue" button.
- Review your entries and submit your check deposit request.
Note: A device with a rear facing and auto focus camera is required to use the Mobile Check Deposit service.
After successfully submitting your check, the deposit process will begin. The processing time to complete the deposit may vary. If we accepted your deposit:
- Funds deposited before 7:00 p.m. MT on a business day (every day except Saturday, Sundays and federal holidays) are generally available for withdrawal on the next business day. For example, if you deposit a check at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, you’ll see it in your account on Friday. Deposits after the cutoff time or on a non-business day, such as Saturdays, Sundays, or federal holidays, the funds will generally be available on the 2nd business day.
- We’ll send you an email within 1 business day with your deposit status.
- Even though the image was approved for deposit, it will follow the same posting process as a traditional paper check. It may take several hours from the time the deposit was approved to when it appears in your account. You will see the deposit on the next business day and receive an email notifying you that the deposit was successful.
- Deposits may be subject to additional holds.
If your deposit is declined, we will email you a notice by the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.
You can deposit checks payable in US dollars and drawn on a US bank. The following items cannot be deposited using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Checks payable to anyone other than the owner of the account into which it is being deposited
- Checks drawn or issued by you; or drawn by others against an account on which you’re a joint owner or authorized signer
- Government checks of any type, state or federal.
- Checks payable to “Cash”
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account with the names of all payees
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC
- Checks drawn on a foreign bank and/or that are not payable in United States currency
- Checks that are payable on sight or payable through drafts, as defined in Reg. CC, or are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC
- Checks that are undated, post-dated, or are dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit
- Travelers Checks
- Checks that have previously been deposited by any remote capture or physical delivery
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the US Treasury Department
- Checks that have previously been returned unpaid for any reason
- Checks transmitted from outside the United States;
- Registered government warrants
- Checks containing any unauthorized alteration;
- Money Orders
- Checks that are prohibited by our current procedures relating to the Mobile Remote Deposit capture feature or which are otherwise not acceptable under your deposit account agreement or as we may otherwise determine in our sole discretion
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this Agreement
Immediately call Zions Bank Customer Service at 800-974-8800 to report the unauthorized transfer as soon as you discover or suspect the activity has occurred.
The agreements and rules that govern suspect or actual unauthorized transfers through Online Banking, such as deadlines to report unauthorized transactions, also apply to transfers made through Mobile Banking. Please see your Online Banking Agreement, your Deposit Account Agreement, or your account statements for further information. Also, see any agreements governing the specific affected account (e.g., credit card agreements). Where applicable, those agreement documents include information regarding special rights of consumers, such as rights pertaining to unauthorized transfers from consumer deposit accounts under Regulation E and/or consumer credit accounts under Regulation Z.
Yes. Select "Transfers" from the main menu to schedule a transfer to or from your eligible accounts. You can also view your recent and scheduled transfer activity by selecting the “Recent” or “Scheduled” tabs.
To transfer funds to a friend’s account or one of your external accounts, you will need to use Online Banking to set up those accounts before they will display as account transfer options in Mobile Banking.
Mobile Banking allows you to delete a scheduled transfer, but you cannot edit a pending or scheduled transfer. To delete a transfer, sign in to your Mobile Banking application and follow these steps:
- Select “Transfers” from the main menu
- Select the “Scheduled” tab and find the transfer to delete
- Click the “Delete” button
In Online Banking, you can edit and/or delete a scheduled transfer. Once you have signed in to Online Banking:
- Select “Transfers” from the main menu
- Select “Scheduled” and click on the transfer to edit
- Edit or delete your scheduled transfers
Transfers between Zions Bank accounts are immediate, so they cannot be subsequently canceled or edited.
eDOCUMENTS (eSTATEMENTS, eNOTICES, eTAX DOCUMENTS)
eSTATEMENTS AND eNOTICES
We'll notify you by email when an eStatement, eNotice, or eTax Document is posted to your Online and Mobile Banking account. This will happen at the same time you would normally receive a paper statement, notice or tax document. When the notification arrives in your email box, just:
1. Log into Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
2. Your eStatement, eNotice, and eTax Document will be available through the eDocuments link.
You can save a PDF version of your eDocument on your hard drive if you wish, or print it out. Documents are also viewable in the Mobile Banking app. eStatements and eNotices are now available for the life of your account.
Log into Online Banking via zionsbank.com
Navigate to the eDocuments link
Select “My eDocument Preferences” under Quick Links
- Choose which Service(s) you desire: eStatements, eNotices, and/or eTax Documents.
- For eStatements and/or eNotices services, you select which eligible accounts you want to enroll.
- Choose My eDocument Preferences from the eDocuments menu
- For eTax Documents, all eligible accounts that we report under your tax identification number will be enrolled.
The Account Activity screen shows all the completed and pending transactions for the last 30 days in Online Banking and 90 days in Mobile Banking. eStatements are electronic versions of the monthly paper statements you currently receive. They include transactions from a set period of time (a statement cycle) and do not include any pending transactions.
When you enroll in an eStatements, eNotices or eTax Documents service, we will stop sending you the corresponding paper copies of your statements, notices and tax documents. You can change your mind at any time and resume receiving paper copies by calling our Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999.
The following notices are available through our eNotices service. You will be notified by email when a notice is generated.
- NSF Notice - Non-Sufficient Funds Notice
- Cash Advance Notice
- Commercial Loan Statement
- Reddi-Credit Coupon
- DDA Sweep Statement-Collection Statement
- DDA Sweep Repurchase Confirmation
- Overdrawn Letter
- Home Equity Credit Line Statement
- CD Interest Credited
- Renewed Certificate of Deposit Notice
- CD Certificate Renewal Notice
- CD Advice of Credit
- CD Retirement Plan Renewal Notice
- Consumer Loan Statement
- DDA Dormant Letter
- IRA Statement-Annual/Yearly
- Loan Payment Billing Statement
- Final Loan Payment Billing Statement
To resume receiving mailed paper copies of your Statements, Notices, and/or Tax Documents, please contact customer service by phone at 800-840-4999 or send a message by selecting the Message Center from the Online Banking Services tab. Please note certain types of accounts charge a fee for paper statements, please see our Fee Schedule for additional details.
eTax Documents will be made available within Online and Mobile Banking on or before the IRS required deadline. We will notify you by email when an eTax Document is available for viewing. Please see IRS.gov for applicable tax form deadlines.
The Internal Revenue Service requires Zions Bank to provide tax documents to account holders who meet the reporting thresholds as dictated by the IRS. For example, clients with interest bearing checking accounts with an aggregate interest total lower than $10.00 do not receive a tax statement.
Note: Tax documents for a joint account are issued and reported to the IRS only under the Tax Identification Number of that account’s primary owner (as reflected in our records). For security reasons, eTax Documents may be viewed only under that primary owner’s Online and Mobile Banking profile.
Business Account Customers
- eTax Documents can be seen only by those users who hold full entitlement to both view and transact for all accounts in the business’s Online and Mobile Banking profiles. Users with limited entitlements cannot view eTax Documents. Contact your CSA (Customer System Administrator) to update your entitlements.
- If another customer’s accounts are linked to appear in a primary customer’s Online Banking profile, those linked accounts (a) will not be opted out of paper when the primary customer enrolls in eTax Documents, and (b) will not display eTax Documents in the primary customer’s Online Banking account. To opt out of paper tax documents, that linked customer must separately enroll in the eTax Documents service, and must view eTax Documents by logging in under its own Online Banking profile.
Only IRS forms are covered under the eTax Document service. Any state tax forms the Bank is required to furnish you are not available for electronic delivery. Paper versions of these forms will continue to be mailed to you through U.S. mail.
Tax forms for which Internal Revenue Service reporting thresholds are not met will not be created, and will not be available through Online or Mobile Banking. (For example, checking account customers with aggregated interest amounts lower than $10.00 will not receive a tax statement. Please see IRS.gov for the various form reporting thresholds.)
Not all account types are eligible for eTax Documents, and not all IRS forms are supported by the eTax Documents service. Eligible account types and supported forms may change without prior notice. However, for any account or form that is not supported or no longer supported by the eTax Documents service, you will be mailed a paper tax document. And, for any account or form that becomes supported, you will receive an email notifying you when your tax document is available to be accessed in Online or Mobile Banking.
The following tax documents[cite::3080::cite] are available:
- 1098 Mortgage Statements for select mortgage loans. (For example, tax documents for Zions Bank home loans that are viewable in your online banking profile, such as Home Equity Credit Lines)[cite::3081::cite]
- 1099-A Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property
- 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
- 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions
- 1099-INT Interest Income
- 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income
- 1099-Q Payment from Qualified Education Programs
- 1099-R Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement Plans, IRAs or Insurance Contracts
- 5498-IRA Contribution
- 5498-ESA Education Savings Account Contributions
Enrollment for eTax Documents only applies to the Tax ID or SSN associated to the Online and Mobile Banking profile. To access online tax documents for the Tax ID of “linked” business or personal accounts, you must log in under those other customer profiles.
For example, if “Company A” has a Business Online Banking profile, and you have linked your personal accounts to Company A’s Business Online Banking profile, you will only be able to access the tax documents for “Company A” and not any personal tax documents. Personal tax documents will continue to be sent via paper unless you enroll in eTax Documents through your personal Online and Mobile Banking profile. Even after personal enrollment, personal eTax Documents will only be displayed in your personal Online and Mobile Banking and not in Company A’s Business Online and Mobile Banking.
Once you have enrolled in eTax Documents, all available tax documents will be provided electronically only. Some tax documents aren’t available in Online or Mobile Banking and you will receive paper tax documents for those forms. To resume paper delivery, please call our Customer Service at 800-974-8800, send a secure message within online banking or contact us by mail at: 1875 South Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. You may also request a paper copy of any particular eTax Document by contacting customer service at 800-974-8800. Obtaining a paper copy will not cancel your enrollment to opt out of regular paper delivery.
Save and print capabilities are only available in Online Banking. To view and retain your eDocuments, you will need a current version of Adobe Reader®. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download it here. You may keep copies of your eDocuments for future reference by saving them to your computer in the PDF format, by clicking on “File” and then “Save As” in your browser or Adobe Reader window. For technical issues, please call our Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999.
Tax documents for a joint account are issued and reported to the IRS only under the Tax Identification Number of that account’s primary owner (as reflected in our records). For security reasons, eTax Documents may be viewed only under that primary owner’s Online and Mobile Banking profiles.
In Business Online and Mobile Banking, only those users who have full entitlement to both view and transact in all accounts will be able to view eTax Documents. Users with limited entitlements cannot view eTax Documents. Contact your Company System Administrator (CSA) to make user entitlement updates.