eStatement and eNotice FAQs
How does the eDocuments system work?
We will notify you by email when an eStatement, eNotice, or eTax Document is posted to your Online and Mobile Banking account. This will happen at the same time you would normally receive a paper statement, notice or tax document. When the notification arrives in your email box, just:
- Log into Online Banking via zionsbank.com or Mobile Banking via our downloadable Apps.
- Your eStatement, eNotice, and eTax Document will be available through the eDocuments link.
In Online Banking, you can save a PDF version of your eDocument on your hard drive if you wish, or print it out. Copies of eStatements and eNotices will be kept for a rolling 18 months. eTax Documents will be available for the previous 3 tax years.
Do I have to sign up for Online Banking in order to use the eDocuments service?
Yes. Once you have signed up for Online Banking, you can access the eDocuments service in either Online or Mobile Banking. eDocuments is available for both personal and business customers.
How do I enroll in eDocuments and stop receiving paper documents?
Log into Online Banking via zionsbank.com
Navigate to the eDocuments link
Select “My eDocument Preferences” under Quick Links
- Choose which Service(s) you desire: eStatements, eNotices, and/or eTax Documents.
- For eStatements and/or eNotices services, you select which eligible accounts you want to enroll.
- Choose My eDocument Preferences from the eDocuments menu
- For eTax Documents, all eligible accounts that we report under your tax identification number will be enrolled.
What is the difference between an eStatement and the “Account Activity” information available in Online Banking?
The Account Activity screen shows all the completed and pending transactions for the last 30 days in Online Banking and 90 days in Mobile Banking. eStatements are electronic versions of the monthly paper statements you currently receive. They include transactions from a set period of time (a statement cycle) and do not include any pending transactions.
Will my eStatement/eNotice look the same as my printed document?
Yes. For legal purposes, a printed version of an online statement/notice is the same as a paper statement/notice.
Will I still get images of my canceled checks with eStatements?
If you receive your images of your canceled checks today, you'll also receive them in your eStatements. In addition, you can also access images of your recent checks through Online Banking.
If I choose to receive an eStatements, eNotices or eTax Document will I still receive a paper copy?
When you enroll in an eStatements, eNotices or eTax Documents service, we will stop sending you the corresponding paper copies of your statements, notices and tax documents. You can change your mind at any time and resume receiving paper copies by calling our Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999.
What if I can't open the eDocument?
What notices are available online?
The following notices are available through our eNotices service. You will be notified by email when a notice is generated.
- NSF Notice - Non-Sufficient Funds Notice
- Cash Advance Notice
- Commercial Loan Statement
- Reddi-Credit Coupon
- DDA Sweep Statement-Collection Statement
- DDA Sweep Repurchase Confirmation
- Overdrawn Letter
- Home Equity Credit Line Statement
- CD Interest Credited
- Renewed Certificate of Deposit Notice
- CD Certificate Renewal Notice
- CD Advice of Credit
- CD Retirement Plan Renewal Notice
- Consumer Loan Statement
- DDA Dormant Letter
- IRA Statement-Annual/Yearly
- Loan Payment Billing Statement
- Final Loan Payment Billing Statement
eTax Documents FAQs
What Tax Documents are available in Online and Mobile Banking?1
- 1098 Mortgage Statements for select mortgage loans. (For example, tax documents for Zions Bank home loans that are viewable in your online banking profile, such as Home Equity Credit Lines)2
- 1099-A Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property
- 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
- 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions
- 1099-INT Interest Income
- 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income
- 1099-Q Payment from Qualified Education Programs
- 1099-R Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement Plans, IRAs or Insurance Contracts
- 5498-IRA Contribution
- 5498-ESA Education Savings Account Contributions
When are new tax documents available to view?
eTax Documents will be made available within Online and Mobile Banking on or before the IRS required deadline. We will notify you by email when an eTax Document is available for viewing. Please see IRS.gov for applicable tax form deadlines.
How many tax years are available online?
eTax Documents are available in Online and Mobile Banking for the previous 3 tax years.
Can I view eTax Documents?
The Internal Revenue Service requires Zions Bank to provide tax documents to account holders who meet the reporting thresholds as dictated by the IRS. For example, clients with interest bearing checking accounts with an aggregate interest total lower than $10.00 do not receive a tax statement.
Note: Tax documents for a joint account are issued and reported to the IRS only under the Tax Identification Number of that account’s primary owner (as reflected in our records). For security reasons, eTax Documents may be viewed only under that primary owner’s Online and Mobile Banking profile.
Business Account Customers
- eTax Documents can be seen only by those users who hold full entitlement to both view and transact for all accounts in the business’s Online and Mobile Banking profiles. Users with limited entitlements cannot view eTax Documents. Contact your CSA (Customer System Administrator) to update your entitlements.
- If another customer’s accounts are linked to appear in a primary customer’s Online Banking profile, those linked accounts (a) will not be opted out of paper when the primary customer enrolls in eTax Documents, and (b) will not display eTax Documents in the primary customer’s Online Banking account. To opt out of paper tax documents, that linked customer must separately enroll in the eTax Documents service, and must view eTax Documents by logging in under its own Online Banking profile.
Will I continue to receive paper tax documents if I’ve enrolled for eTax Documents?
Once you have enrolled in eTax Documents, all available tax documents will be provided electronically only. Some tax documents aren’t available in Online or Mobile Banking and you will receive paper tax documents for those forms. To resume paper delivery, please call our Customer Service at 800-974-8800, send a secure message within online banking or contact us by mail at: 1875 South Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. You may also request a paper copy of any particular eTax Document by contacting customer service at 800-974-8800. Obtaining a paper copy will not cancel your enrollment to opt out of regular paper delivery.
How do I save or print my tax documents?
Save and print capabilities are only available in Online Banking. To view and retain your eDocuments, you will need a current version of Adobe Reader® and the ability to download (to your hard drive or other storage device) or print Adobe Reader files. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download it at www.adobe.com. You may keep copies of your eDocuments for future reference by saving them to your computer in the PDF format, by clicking on “File” and then “Save As” in your browser or Adobe Reader window. For technical issues, please call our Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999.
I have linked other accounts to my Online Banking profile. Will I see those tax forms?
Enrollment for eTax Documents only applies to the Tax ID or SSN associated to the Online and Mobile Banking profile. To access online tax documents for the Tax ID of “linked” business or personal accounts, you must log in under those other customer profiles.
For example, if “Company A” has a Business Online Banking profile, and you have linked your personal accounts to Company A’s Business Online Banking profile, you will only be able to access the tax documents for “Company A” and not any personal tax documents. Personal tax documents will continue to be sent via paper unless you enroll in eTax Documents through your personal Online and Mobile Banking profile. Even after personal enrollment, personal eTax Documents will only be displayed in your personal Online and Mobile Banking and not in Company A’s Business Online and Mobile Banking.
Why can I see only some of the tax documents I’m expecting online?
Only IRS forms are covered under the eTax Document service. Any state tax forms the Bank is required to furnish you are not available for electronic delivery. Paper versions of these forms will continue to be mailed to you through U.S. mail.
Tax forms for which Internal Revenue Service reporting thresholds are not met will not be created, and will not be available through Online or Mobile Banking. (For example, checking account customers with aggregated interest amounts lower than $10.00 will not receive a tax statement. Please see IRS.gov for the various form reporting thresholds.)
Not all account types are eligible for eTax Documents, and not all IRS forms are supported by the eTax Documents service. Eligible account types and supported forms may change without prior notice. However, for any account or form that is not supported or no longer supported by the eTax Documents service, you will be mailed a paper tax document. And, for any account or form that becomes supported, you will receive an email notifying you when your tax document is available to be accessed in Online or Mobile Banking.
Is there a fee for eTax Documents?
No, there is not a fee to receive electronic tax documents in Online or Mobile Banking. Nor is there a fee to cancel your eTax Documents service or to request a paper copy of any particular tax document.
Can I print my online tax documents and submit them with my taxes?
Yes, eTax Documents are the official documents that can be submitted to the IRS for processing.
I have a joint account; why can’t I access our tax documents online?
Tax documents for a joint account are issued and reported to the IRS only under the Tax Identification Number of that account’s primary owner (as reflected in our records). For security reasons, eTax Documents may be viewed only under that primary owner’s Online and Mobile Banking profiles.
Which business users are eligible to see eTax Documents?
In Business Online and Mobile Banking, only those users who have full entitlement to both view and transact in all accounts will be able to view eTax Documents. Users with limited entitlements cannot view eTax Documents. Contact your Company System Administrator (CSA) to make user entitlement updates.