- What is Enhanced Account Protection?
Enhanced Account Protection is an additional layer of security that helps safeguard specific types of online banking transactions, using your mobile phone1 for authentication. It’s a free service that can help enhance online banking security.
- How does Enhanced Account Protection help protect me?
Enhanced Account Protection can help protect you from online fraud by requiring you to enter a security code before completing specific types of transactions. This code is sent to an enrolled mobile phone when executing transfer to a friend transfers greater than or equal to $1,000 and external account transfers greater than or equal to $10,000.
- How do I enroll?
Simply contact Zions Bank Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999, and an Online Banking Support representative will activate your account for Enhanced Account Protection. Once your enrollment is processed at the bank (2–3 business days), the next time you log in to Online Banking you'll see a message on your My Bank page that will prompt you to complete the enrollment with your mobile phone. You will also be prompted to finish your enrollment if you try and execute a transfer that requires Enhanced Account Protection verification.
- How does it work?
- Step 1—Request a code. We’ll ask you to request a security code (SMS token) for specific transactions. This code will be delivered to your mobile phone.
- Step 2—Enter the code and your Enhanced Account Protection PIN. Once you receive the security code on your mobile phone, just enter that code in your Online Banking session for verification, along with your Enhanced Account Protection PIN.
- Step 3—Code approved. Once the code and PIN are validated in Online Banking, proceed with your transaction.
A PIN (personal identification number) is separate from a security code (SMS token). The PIN provides additional security by authenticating that you know personalized credentials when verifying transactions. Unless we notified you of a temporary PIN, it is a 4 to 9 digit number that you selected. The PIN for Enhanced Account Protection is separate from the PIN for other products or services.
You can enroll one mobile phone per user in Enhanced Account Protection. You may change the phone number through Online Banking once enrolled. From the navigation menu, select Home, then Enhanced Account Protection and Modify Phone.
If you believe your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you should immediately change your Online Banking login ID and password and contact Zions Bank Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999 for assistance in updating your Enhanced Account Protection enrollment.
If you are traveling outside of the US and are attempting to make a transaction that requires Enhanced Account Protection, please call Zions Bank Online Banking Support at 800-840-4999.
To remove this service from your Online Banking profile, please contact Online Banking Customer Support at 800-840-4999.