These are the Official Rules for the “Pays for A’s” School Competition (the “Contest”) sponsored by Zions First National Bank (“Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, participating schools agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Eligibility. There is no charge, fee, purchase, or other consideration required to enter and qualify for the Contest. Qualified participants are limited to schools in Idaho’s Boise Independent School District and Utah’s Washington County School District whose students participate in the Zions Pay’s for A’s student program. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- How to Enter. Participating schools in the above mentioned school districts and during the 2013-2014 school year, are automatically entered when a student from their school visits a Zions Bank in Utah or Idaho and participates in the Zions Bank Pays for A’s student program.
- Prizes and How to Win. The winning school in each District will be awarded $1,000.00 to be spent in the classroom of a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (“STEM”) teacher designated by the school principal. There will be a total of two (2) winning schools, one from each District. The winning schools will be determined by Sponsor. Sponsor will measure student participation in the student Pay’s for A’s promotion by school in each School District via student entry forms submitted. The school with the largest percentage of students participating will win the Contest in their respective District.
- Notification and Redemption of Prize. Each winning school will be notified near the end of the school year and the award will be given to that school in an in-school “Award Event” wherein Sponsor will award the school with the $1,000. A school is only the winner after it has been notified by the Sponsor and has complied with the terms of these Official Rules.
- Press Releases. Sponsor may issue a press release containing the winning school’s name and announcing the school’s Prize. By accepting the Prize, the winning school thereby consents to Sponsor’s use of the school’s name in the press release and further agrees that it will abide by these Official Rules.
- Taxes. All applicable taxes, including any federal, state, or local tax liabilities, are the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS form 1099 for the appropriate retail value of the Prize.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners of the Prizes will be selected from the pool of eligible entries submitted.
- Interpretation. Application and interpretation of these Official Rules, and administration of the Contest, shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Contest, including determination of the winners, eligibility of the winners, and the amount of the Prize, shall be final and binding. These Official Rules, and any disputes arising from these Official Rules or the selection of the winners, shall be interpreted by and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah.
- Right to Cancel or Modify Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, and to cancel or modify the Contest prospectively (i.e. without terminating any current participant’s participation in a scheduled upcoming Contest) for any reason.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. Neither the Sponsor, nor its parent or affiliates, nor their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, agencies, or attorneys, are responsible for, and participants release all such parties from any liability arising from, (a) any damages, loss or liability with respect to use of the Prize awarded in the Contest, (b) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entry forms, (c) hardware or software failures of any kind; (d) lost or unavailable network connections; or (e) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether any of the foregoing are caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s opportunity to participate in the Contest.