Speaking on Business: Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute
The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute is gathering solid, trusted research and providing accurate data to support our growth.
This is Chris Redgrave for Zions Bank Speaking on Business.
The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute is gathering solid, trusted research and providing accurate data to support our growth in Utah. The Policy Institute recently held their Informed Decision Maker Award luncheon, recognizing individuals and entities that operate, often behind the scenes and with little fanfare, to help our community prosper.
This year’s honorees include:
- Non-Profit: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the world, home to approximately 2,000 animals, and located in a pristine canyon in Kanab, Utah.
- Humanitarian: Marion Willy, in 10 years of working with the Utah Non-Profit Housing Corporation, he has produced 5,000 units of affordable housing in Utah and the Intermountain West.
- Government: Leslee Katayama, chief economist for the state of Utah, known for her unbiased approach to fiscal notes and sound methodologies which allow her to determine impact on the state.
- Business: Howdy Homemade Ice Cream, Heidi and Chris Nielsen created this ice cream shop to hire special needs individuals, including their son. They love to say, “Come for the ice cream and stay for the people.”
- Education: Veterans Support Center, assisting close to 1,200 students at the University of Utah as one of the first military support centers on any Utah college or university campus.
Congratulations to the 2018 Kem C. Gardner Informed Decision Maker of the Year honorees!
For Zions Bank, I’m Chris Redgrave, speaking on business.
Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute
410 E. South Temple St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84111