Speaking on Business Honors Top Businesses, Celebrates 20 Years
Fourteen Idaho and Utah companies were honored as Top Businesses in 2016 at Zions Bank’s “Speaking on Business” radio program luncheon.
In two decades, “Speaking on Business” has spotlighted more than 7,000 businesses across Utah and Idaho. Large corporations, small businesses and new startups alike have shared their unique stories and missions, demonstrating the importance of business to the economy.
“We consider these businesses to be the best of the best, and (they) were selected from criteria including business development and growth, innovation, and community impact,” said Zions Bank President and CEO Scott Anderson.
Program host Chris Redgrave joined Anderson and Marketing and Communications Executive Vice President Rob Brough to thank the businesses for striving to make the economy stronger and to present each with an award. “Their commitment to our community is outstanding,” Redgrave said. “These companies are truly experts in what they do; and, because they succeed, our cities and neighborhoods succeed.”
The 2016 Honorees
- Air and Sea International is a company in Murray, Utah, dedicated to helping clients ship products globally by land, sea and air.
- American West Heritage Center is known for its remarkable living history experience in Wellsville, Utah. It teaches visitors about early pioneer lifestyles and celebrates Baby Animal Days each spring.
- Clearview Cleaning is a well-established full-service janitorial service company headquartered in Garden City, Idaho, that employs 350 employees.
- Domtec is a large dome manufacturing company in Idaho Falls that produces strong, durable storage units for agriculture, mining and power generation companies. Though used primarily for storage, the domes are also used as shelter after natural disasters.
- Fiesta Fun Center is a 40,000-square-foot arena in St. George, Utah, dedicated to offering fun activities for the entire family, such as bowling, go-karts, arcade games and much more.
- Hamilton Manufacturing in Twin Falls, Idaho, creates environmentally friendly insulation and hydro-seeding products made from recycled newspaper and cardboard.
- High Desert Milk in Burley, Idaho, creates high specification milk powders for infant formulas, confectionary products and ultra-high temperature milk used and sold in Asia and Latin America.
- Integrated Learning Services focuses on helping kids in Utah acquire stronger educational skills in comprehension, reading and math to help them advance through school more proficiently.
- Intermountain Wind and Solar is a residential and commercial solar contractor in Utah that handles all components of the business in-house, from initial consultations to complete installations.
- Rico Brand distributes authentic Mexican cuisine items sold in grocery stores across seven states, as well as operates the fine-dining restaurant Frida Bistro in Salt Lake City.
- Ruby’s Inn offers the closest lodging to Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, and it has done so for more than a century. Today, it’s a three-building complex with more than 700 rooms available to visitors.
- Tanglewood Design is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and ships custom-designed playsets and beds for children across the world.
- Uintah Basin Healthcare provides quality health care to thousands of families across eastern Utah, is the largest independent rural health care system in the state, and employs more than 700 people.
- Wingfoot Corporation is a premier janitorial service provider for corporate offices and buildings across the Wasatch Front.