Show Me the Bacon!
What if bacon was used to replace money in famous quotes?
It’s not every food that gets its own day on the calendar. There is no Arugula Day or Brussels Sprouts Day, but every December 30 is Bacon Day. It’s probably just an excuse to eat bacon, as if most people need one.
What does bacon have to do with banking? The tie-in is the phrase “Bring home the bacon,” which is a porkier way to say “earning income.” What if bacon was used to replace money in other quotes about money?
1. Rod Tidwell in Jerry Maguire: “Show me the bacon!”
2. “Bacon is the best deodorant.” — Elizabeth Taylor
3. “Bacon is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells.” — J. Paul Getty
4. Don Corleone in The Godfather: “You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder — for bacon.”
5. “Bacon is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love bacon.” — Jackie Mason
6. Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite: “Napoleon, you know we can’t afford the fun pack. What, do you think, bacon grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you’re at it.”
7. Indigo Montoya in The Princess Bride: “There’s not a lot of bacon in revenge.”
8. “Lack of bacon is the root of all evil.” — George Bernard Shaw
9. “Dogs have no bacon. Isn't that amazing? They're broke their entire lives. But they get through. You know why dogs have no bacon? … No Pockets.” — Jerry Seinfeld
10. “For I don't care too much for bacon, for bacon can't buy me love.” — The Beatles