2019 Refer a Friend
Student Banking Promotion
These are the Official Rules for the “2019 Refer a Friend Student Banking Promotion” (the “Promotion”) sponsored by Zions Bancorporation, N.A. dba Zions Bank. (“Sponsor”). By entering the Promotion, participants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules.
1. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period (defined below), participants between the ages of eighteen (18) to twenty-five (25) years old can participate in the promotion by opening an Anytime Checking® account at a Zions Bank Branch. After opening the account, they will receive an email inviting them to Refer a Friend for the chance to get two (2) free movie tickets. The email will include a “Referral Code” to share with their “Friend”. When their “Friend” opens a new Anytime Checking account at Zions Bank they will give the referral code to the bank employee. The “Referral Code” can only be used one time. Once the code is activated, two (2) movie tickets will be mailed to the Referee, to the mailing address on file with Zions Bank. To qualify, all accounts must be opened between August 5, 2019 to September 13, 2019 by 6:00 PM MT. Referred customer must be the primary owner of a new Zions Bank Anytime Checking Account and must be between eighteen (18) and twenty-five (25) years old. Referred customer must open an account at a Zions Bank branch to participate. Accounts opened through zionsbank.com or by phone are not eligible. Account must be opened with a minimum opening deposit of $50. There is not a limit of how many “Friends” can be referred, however the promotion is limited to a maximum of two (2) tickets per referring participant. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor.
2. Winning Entry; Prizes: Throughout the Promotion Period, participants who successfully refer a friend and complete all requirements will receive two (2) movie tickets at either Megaplex Theatres, Utah or Regal Cinemas, Idaho. Movie tickets are valid at Megaplex Theatres, Utah or Regal Cinemas, Idaho and are subject to the terms and conditions of the theatre and have no cash value. Accounts for the referred and the referee must be open and in good standing before tickets will be mailed. Tickets will be mailed to referee within three (3) weeks after the friend referred opens a new account. Tickets will be mailed to current mailing address on file with Zions Bank. Movie tickets may be reported as income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC. The giveaway will be limited to the first 250 clients that submit referrals. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change. Participants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor. Maximum of two (2) movie tickets will be awarded regardless of the number of referred friends who open an account. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to this Promotion.
The prize for the Promotion winners is:
Two (2) movie tickets to Megaplex Movie Theatre, Utah or Regal Cinemas, Idaho
Estimated Retail Value:
Megaplex Theatre Ticket: $9.25 per ticket
Regal Cinemas Ticket: $9.00 per ticket
Prizes Provided By:
Prize will be purchased by Sponsor.
No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal approximate value.
3. Promotion Schedule and Timing: The Promotion begins on August 5, 2019 at 8:00:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on September 13, 2019 at 6:00:00 p.m. MST (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Promotion.
4. Notification and Redemption of Prizes: Sponsor will mail the movie tickets via USPS to the Referee after their “Friend” has opened an Anytime Checking account and provided the “Referral Code” to the Zions Bank employee. A Referee is subject to verification, including verification of age. If the movie tickets are returned as undeliverable the bank will attempt to contact the customer via the phone number on file. If the customer cannot be contacted within 72 hours after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to satisfy all conditions to acceptance described below, or to qualify for any other reason under these Official Rules, Sponsor may select an alternate qualifying participant.
5. Conditions to Acceptance of Prizes: By accepting a prize, each participant consents to the use of his or her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state and/or other personal information in advertising without additional compensation and agrees to provide the Sponsor with anything reasonably required by the Sponsor to document such consent. Participants shall bear any and all costs associated with participating in the Promotion or winning a prize. All applicable taxes, including any federal, state or local tax liabilities, are the sole responsibility of the participant(s) and the participant(s) may receive an IRS tax reporting statement for the approximate retail value of the prize. If tax documentation including a valid W-9 or W-8 is not completed, the prize may be forfeited.
6. Eligibility and Restrictions: Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. There is no charge, fee, purchase, or other consideration required to participate in the Promotion. Qualified participants are limited to legal residents of Utah and Idaho who are between the ages of eighteen (18) to twenty-five (25) years old on the date of opening the accounts. Employees of Zions Bank, their parents and affiliates, members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win.
7. Odds of Winning: The giveaway will be limited to the first 250 clients that submit referrals.
8. Administration, Application and Interpretation: Whenever Sponsor has the option, right or responsibility under these Official Rules to take any action or make any decision, judgment or determination, Sponsor reserves the right to do so (or decide not to do so) in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or no reason, without being required to explain or consider the consequences of its actions or the advice, opinions, perspective or rights of anyone else. This is necessary for the efficient operation of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to apply and interpret these Official Rules and conduct and administer the Promotion. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Promotion, including eligibility of participants, shall be final and binding.
9. Right to Cancel or Modify the Promotion: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Promotion as determined by the Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, network overload (Internet/phone/cellular) or any other causes which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Official Rules, change the Promotion Period.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability: Neither the Sponsor, nor its parent or affiliates, nor their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, agencies, or attorneys, are responsible for, and participants release all such parties from any claim, cause of action or liability, including without limitation those relating to any personal injury, death, loss, expense or damages of any kind, under any theory of law or in equity, arising from, (a) entry or participation in the Promotion or limitation on participant’s ability to do so; (b) acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in the Promotion; (c) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected e-mail and/or postal mail or other communication; (d) hardware or software failures of any kind; (e) lost or unavailable network connections; or (f) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether any of the foregoing are caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it believes or finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Disputes: Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by any court of competent jurisdiction located in Salt Lake County, State of Utah; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by participant, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than as expressly allowed herein, and further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account on the entry. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account.