As the world marketplace continues to grow and evolve, today’s international business must be ready for the expanding opportunities and risks associated with transacting business around the globe. Zions Bank® offers a wide range of global trade services to assist our clients in meeting these challenges and mitigating the associated risks.
Features and Benefits of International Banking
At Zions Bank, we speak the language of international trade. We provide access to experienced trade specialists, smart financial solutions for leveraging global opportunities and an organization dedicated to serving companies of all sizes. Features and benefits include:
- Buy and sell goods in terms familiar to your suppliers and customers
- Protect profit margins from currency fluctuations
- Increase sales and market penetration
- Build global relationships
- Better manage your company’s financial statements
- Letters of Credit
- Trade Services
- Credit-insured Lending
Contact International Banking
Foreign Currency Services
Order and sell foreign currency banknotes for up to 75 currencies at any Zions Bank Financial Center. Plus, buy the most popular foreign currencies immediately at select Financial Centers or online anytime. Learn how to place an online order for foreign currency.
Foreign Exchange Services
Zions Bank offers a wide-range of foreign exchange services to help your company meet the challenges of growing and managing your business globally.
Foreign Exchange Services can help you succeed by offering tools to increase sales, protect profit margins, enter new markets and build better relationships with suppliers and customers.
Receiving a foreign currency wire from a vendor in Spain? Need to pay a supplier in Switzerland?
Spot contracts are utilized when working with foreign currency payables and receivables. They facilitate making the most immediate conversion from one currency to another. Settlement is typically complete within 2 business days (excluding holidays).
Need to hedge GBP exposure for 2 months? Want to provide a price in foreign currency with no risk?
The main purpose of a forward contract is to protect profit margins and mitigate market risk. Forward foreign exchange contracts are an effective tool for managing foreign currency exposures beyond spot contracts. They let you secure an exchange rate today for settlement at a future date.
Open-window forward contracts add flexibility and are used for settlement during a future time period.
A forward contract exchange rate includes 2 components.
- The spot exchange rate or the current value of the currencies involved.
- The interest rate differential between the two currencies which lets markets adjust for the time value of money.
Forward contract rates offer pricing that reflect which currency is more attractive to hold beyond spot. A forward contract rate is either more or less attractive compared to the current spot rate, depending on whether you're buying or selling a currency with a higher rate of interest.
International Wire Transfers
Need to pay for inventory in China? Cover payroll in South Africa?
Zions Bank can send or receive foreign currency wire transfers to more than 60 countries worldwide. From visiting your local Financial Center to using the online Treasury Gateway®, Zions offers clients several options for initiating foreign wire transfers. Payments are sent by SWIFT and are guaranteed to reach the beneficiary within 2 business days (excluding holidays).
Contact Foreign Exchange Services at 801-844-7070 or your local Financial Center for more information and current exchange rates.
Foreign Check Clearing
Received a foreign currency check for payment? Depositing a USD check drawn on a foreign bank?
Zions Bank Foreign Exchange Services can provide cash-letter clearing for items drawn in Canada. Financial Center approval is required for this service.
Please contact Foreign Exchange Services at 801-844-7070 or your local Financial Center for more information and current exchange rates.
Foreign Draft Issuance
Need to pay a small invoice in Canada? Buy a product from a global web site?
It's often more convenient and cost-effective to send a foreign draft for small payment. Drafts are available in more than 30 foreign currencies and can be ordered at online or at your local Financial Center. Allow 1 business day for delivery of online orders; 3 to 5 for Financial Center orders.
Easily transfer funds internationally, send a draft or wire in foreign currency and hedge your exchange risk for future transactions. Learn more.
Contact Foreign Exchange Services
eFX+ Foreign Exchange Online Trading Portal
eFX+ is Zions Bank’s innovative online foreign exchange trading portal. It provides access to real-time foreign exchange rates and enables customers to quickly and efficiently complete their company’s foreign exchange transactions. The robust capabilities and set of services offered by eFX+ can be customized to meet your company’s needs for managing foreign exchange risk in real time.
- Streaming exchange rates for Spot, Forwards, and Swaps
- Self-directed Foreign Currency Accounts- view balances, initiate payments
- Batch deal trade entry and file upload capability
- Flexible configuration of users, max deal size, daily approvals
- 128-bit SSL encryption system security
- Automated email notifications
- Single sign-on capability w/Zions Bank Treasury Gateway
- Client administrator for user setup, password resets
- Enhanced transaction reporting
- Daily market commenta
Ex-Im Bank Working Capital Guarantee Program
Dependable sources of working capital are the key for a company’s growth and stability. Zions Bank uses the Ex-Im Bank Working Capital Guarantee Program to support the export of US goods and services.
As one of ten Fast Track Delegated Authority lenders in the US, Zions Bank has the experience to deliver this unique financing solution. We provide our customers with the financing and other global solutions necessary to grow international sales and compete more effectively in the international marketplace.
Features and accolades include:
- Ex-Im certified lenders
- Ability to commit up to $10MM per borrower under Delegated Authority
- Ability to commit up to $25MM under Fast Track
- Ex-Im Bank Small Business Lender of the Year (2014)
- Ex-Im Advisory Board seat
- Over 20 years of experience with Ex-Im bank
Trade Payable Finance
Purchasing across the world can tie up more critical working capital than purchasing across town. Now there’s a way to finance a higher percentage of this inventory regardless of whether it is on the water, in your warehouse being processed, or in a third party warehouse waiting to be sold.
While conventional finance focuses on a borrowing formula of inventory and receivables, Trade Payable Finance looks at the entirety of transaction with a focus on purchasing inventory. As a result, the borrowing percentage against inventory can be as high as 80 to 100%. While the program is ideally tailored to firms who purchase product overseas, it is adaptable for domestic purchases, and it can be used in conjunction with a letter of credit or an open account purchase.
- An attractive financing solution when a conventional borrowing base structure is not feasible.
- Can finance seasonal peaks of inventory, longer inventory turnover, work-in-process, larger orders that require special financing, or periods when a large inventory build-up is required.
- Allows the borrower to take advantage of supplier discounts.
- Allows for financing inventory in transit and/or physically located offshore, in a Maquiladora, or at a remote 3rd party location.
- Allows for financing purchases by letters of credit of up to 180 days, and refinancing of up to an additional 180 days.