- Honor our heritage
- Appreciate where each person is coming from
- Cultivate civic involvement
- Understand that diversity is key to a strong community
- Embrace diversity
- Create paths for success for all
- Be self-sufficient
- Be willing to take responsibility for ourselves and our futures
- Seek out mentors and coaches and value them as teachers and educators
- Cultivate the power of collaboration
- Embrace that we are all employees of the same organization
- Use the power of partnerships
- Bring together resources, people, affiliates and products to our customers and deliver greater value to our shareholders
Discover the types of diversity initiatives that Zions employs to ensure that our talented workforce, both students and experienced hires, reflects the diversity in our community.
Training and Development Programs
Fostering a culture of inclusion requires continuously creating and supporting diversity programs throughout the organization. Programs enable employees to seek mentors, network and grow within the community.
Awards and Recognition
Zions is proud of what the company and its employees have accomplished. See the Awards page for information.
Diversity Business Forums
Diversity Business forums are open to everyone at Zions Bank. They support discussion and work to develop initiatives that reinforce our shared commitment to diversity.
The Diversity Council is a bridge to enhance professional development and advancement opportunities for all employees and advise senior business managers about diversity needs and issues identified through business forums.
Business Forums focus on recruitment, retention, promotion, development and advocacy for employees for specific groups. The forums allow for shared ideas and raised awareness of cultural diversity. Forums include:
Women’s Business Forum
The Women's Business Forum supports women employees through mentoring, skill set development and networking inside and outside the bank. Since the inaugural meetings in 2008, senior women officers have organized leadership opportunities to assist women employees with career development, guidance and structure by reaching out and across divisions throughout the bank. Regular monthly meetings are supplemented with periodic events.
Emerging Leaders Business Forum
The Emerging Leaders Business Forum lets talented future leaders enhance the company's public involvement initiatives, experience educational and professional development and achieve advanced social visibility within the organization and the community.